📋Table of Contents
- 🍽️Overview of the Dish
- 📋Ingredients List
- 👩🏻🍳Cooking Instructions
- 💡Pairing Ideas
- 🔄Ingredient Substitutions
- 📜Detailed Recipe Card
Ready to add a burst of tangy sweetness to your morning toast? We've got just the thing—our Strawberry Rhubarb Jam! This delightful spread is a perfect marriage of fresh, ripe strawberries and tart rhubarb, all packed into a jar with the help of our Denali Canning Lids.
Overview of the Dish
This Strawberry Rhubarb Jam is a summer classic that yields approximately 8 to 10 cups. The combination of sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb creates a uniquely refreshing flavor that's just as delightful on a piece of toast as it is spooned over vanilla ice cream. And with the assurance of our canning lids, you can enjoy this seasonal treat all year long!
Ingredient List 📋
Here's what you'll need to make this summer delight:
- 4 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 packet (1.75 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
Cooking Instructions 👩🍳
- In a large pot, combine strawberries, rhubarb, and sugar. Let sit for 2 hours to draw out the juices.
- Stir in the pectin and bring the mixture to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring often.
- Continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Quickly pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Apply and secure Denali Canning Lids.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Pairing Ideas 💡
The strawberry rhubarb jam pairs wonderfully with a warm buttered toast, or you can swirl it into your yogurt or oatmeal for a fruity twist. Looking for a dessert option? Top off your vanilla ice cream with a spoonful of this jam!
Ingredient Substitutions 🔄
If fresh strawberries or rhubarb aren't available, you can use frozen ones. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before using. For a less sweet jam, feel free to reduce the amount of sugar.
Detailed Recipe Card 📝
Recipe: Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Prep Time: 2 hours, 20 min (including rest time)
Cook Time: 20 min
Yield: 8-10 cups (8-10 jars)
Enjoy your homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Jam and let the sweet-tart magic of summer tickle your taste buds!