How To Can Water
Processing method: Water Bathing
Processing time: Process for 20 minutes (Adjust For Altitude)
- 1,001- 3,000 ft. - add 5 minutes
- 3,001- 6,000 ft. - add 10 minutes
- 6,001- 8,000 ft. - add 15 minutes
- 8,001-10,000 ft. - add 20 minutes
- You may be wondering why you're seeing a blog about canning water. This will come in handy in emergencies because canned water can be stored for decades while bottled water degrades over a year. The method is really simple as well. First make sure your jars and lids are clean.
Take clean water and boil it for 10 minutes. Grab a funnel and pour your water into the jars leaving ½ inch of headspace. Wipe the rims and add your Denali lids and rings fingertip tight.
Next you want to put your jars in a water bath for 20 minutes. Let the jars cool and the lids seal. Then you are good to store them away, the water will always be there when you need it!
Like us on Facebook:@DenaliCanning
Join our Private Facebook Group:Denali Canning Community
Follow us on Instagram:@DenaliCanning