Canned Pickled Mushrooms
Processing method: Water Bathing
Processing time:Process for 20 minutes (Pints), 25 minutes for Quarts, (adjust for altitude)
- 1,001- 3,000 ft. - add 5 minutes
- 3,001- 6,000 ft. - add 10 minutes
- 6,001- 8,000 ft. - add 15 minutes
- 8,001-10,000 ft. - add 20 minutes
- Denali Lids & Rings
- 3 lbs mushrooms (1 to 2 inches)
- 2 ½ cups white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 3 tablespoons morton canning & pickling salt
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 ½ teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 5 garlic cloves
First trim off the stem ends of mushrooms. Wash them under cool running water.
In a stock pot combine vinegar, water, and salt. Heat up while stirring until the salt dissolves. Add mushrooms and heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer mushrooms in brine for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
Pack your half pint jars with mushrooms then add 1 tablespoon onion, ½ teaspoon peppercorns, and 1 clove garlic.
Carefully ladle the hot brine into your jars, leaving ½ inch of headspace. Remove any air bubbles and wipe the rims clean. Process for 20 minutes (adjust time for altitude). Let jars cool and store away!