Homemade Kiwi Jam
Processing method: Water Bathing
Processing time: Process for 10 minutes (Pints), 15 minutes for Quarts, (adjust for altitude)
- 1,001- 3,000 ft. - add 5 minutes
- 3,001- 6,000 ft. - add 10 minutes
- 6,001- 8,000 ft. - add 15 minutes
- 8,001-10,000 ft. - add 20 minutes
- 4 pounds kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (or lime juice)
While there are many recipes of Kiwi Jam with pectin, it isn’t necessary to add pectin. A little bit of lemon juice will add enough pectin on its own while bringing out the citrus tropical flavor. So to get started, first peel and chop your kiwi fruit.
- Grab a pot, combine your citrus juice, sugar and your chopped kiwi. Bring the pot to a boil, stirring constantly. Mash the kiwi to your desired consistency. Keep boiling for 10-15 minutes until the kiwi reaches the gel stage. You can test it with a kitchen thermometer (220 degrees F).
Ladle into clean hot jars, leaving ¼ inch of headspace. Debubble the jars and wipe the rims clean. Get your Denali Lids and Rings and put on fingertip tight.
- Process for 10 minutes in a water bath canner. After processing remove your jars with a jar lifter and place the jars on a towel or padded surface to allow them to cool. You should hear a snap or ding as they are cooling when the lid's seal is formed. Test the seal and store away till you're ready to eat!
Like us on Facebook:@DenaliCanning
Join our Private Facebook Group:Denali Canning Community
Follow us on Instagram:@DenaliCanning